15 March 2007

ANNOUNCEMENT

B"H 25 Adar 5767





I am in the process of writing two or maybe three very important new posts. I am juggling this with my job, but b'ezrat Hashem, I will try to get them finished and up by tonight. Watch for it!


Hershel commented below:
I cannot adequetely begin to convey my yearning to be in Eretz Yisroel. I have the zechus of having one of my children in Yeshivah there and I just visited him 2 months ago. But I have B"H aging parents, ad be'as goel tzedek. They are survivors of Auschwitz, in their 80's(until 120).
They are incapable of making such a journey. How can I leave them???? I'm certain that my wife, children and grandchildren would come. But, again, HOW can I leave my parents to certain doom? Avrohom Ovinu z"l was given a direct command by HKB"H, no hints, no ifs ands or buts. "Lech L"cho". Even if I want to rely on a hint, that STILL doesn't solve the problem of my dear parents. I'm certain that I'm not the only one in this "sandwich" generation with aging parents who survived the Nazis y"shm. How do we deal with this???



My question is...what's stopping you from bringing them, too?? Surely if the whole family comes, they wouldn't want to remain behind.



The Kumah aliyah website features the following picture from Dec 2004's arrivals:


Sisters Irma Haas, 97 and Hilde Meyer, 94, Holocaust survivors, admire Kumah's "I'm Making Aliyah" pins as they are on the way to finally making their lifelong dream a reality.

No comments: