14 March 2007

LOGISTICS

B"H 25 Adar 5767



Anonymous said...
OK, I have mentally packed my bags, sold all my other possessions on Ebay... and now I'm ready to get on a flight to Israel..... what do I do when I get there? Where do I go? Where do I spend the night? Money for hotel.... yes for a while, but not forever. Have FAITH you say.... just have faith.... I'm getting there.....now I need a miracle.

If you can get here like that, you don't need a miracle. When you firm up your plans, be in touch with me by email and I will find you a place to stay and put you in touch with others who can help you with your paperwork for making aliyah from within Israel. Make sure you bring proof of Jewishness with you! It makes everything much easier!

These are my suggestions to the rest of you out there.

Number 1! Go to the nearest Jewish Agency office and open a file for aliyah!! You can do this even if you don't plan to make aliyah for a couple of years.

My feeling is that should there arise an emergency for Jews in chu"l, those already on a list to go to Israel may be provided with emergency evacuation. However, no one should depend on that if they are otherwise able to leave on their own.

Number 2! If you don't have a passport, GET ONE!! This Bureau of Consular Affairs website provides all the information you need. Note this information about emergency travel.

Passport Agencies assist customers with urgent travel needs (generally if you are traveling within 2 weeks) and require proof of departure.

Most Passport Agencies are open by appointment only and require proof of your travel date or need for foreign visas. See List of Regional Passport Agencies .


Other comments:

Yitz said...
i don't think this galut is ending unless everyone is coming back..so anyone who wants to come back will have the oppurtunity.i sincerely doubt people will be left behind unless they are stubborn.in my (perhaps infantile opinion) this is nothing like fleeing the Nazis. On the other hand it might be like fleeing Egypt. (When the time comes, you wont have the option to take care of all the little loose ends. it's the little loose ends we should probably be tying up now. doing all those little important mitzwoth that we always wanted to do but couldn't find the time.))but that's just my opinion based on my limited understanding. nonetheless I do and will continue to pray for everyone.

Dear Yitz, shalom~ Hashem honors our freewill choices. It's not realistic to think that the galut will go on endlessly waiting for everyone to change his mind or make up his mind about returning to Eretz Yisrael. The following is a very tragic "in-its-time" scenario that may prove only too true. Something to think about.

Yechezkel 20:33-38
As I live, says the Lord God, surely with a strong hand and with an outstretched arm and with poured out fury, will I reign over you.

And I shall take you out of the peoples, and I shall gather you from the lands in which you were scattered, with a strong hand and with an outstretched arm and with poured out fury.

And I shall bring you to the wilderness of the peoples, and I shall contend with you there face to face.

As I contended with your forefathers in the wilderness of the land of Egypt, so will I contend with you, says the Lord God.

And I shall cause you to pass under the rod, and I shall bring you into the transmission of the covenant.

And I shall separate from you those who rebel and those who transgress against Me; from the land of their sojournings I shall take them, but to the land of Israel they shall not come, and you will know that I am the Lord.


Praying is excellent. There's never too much praying.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I'm in a bind.....I was not raised as a Jew but as a child I wanted to be one. Several years ago "I" finally decided to convert (more like pushed, but I can't avow for that). Unfortunately in my little city there are no Orthodox conversions, but I did find a Conservative Rabbi who would convert me, albeit not frum just conservative. Now I found a way to be converted the proper way and I am on my way to an Orthodox conversion but which will not be complete untill waaayyy after Pesach. My question then is......Do I continue on my conversion since "the sign" will happen no later than the last day of this Pesach or should I just consider myself just another goy?

Shoshana said...

Dear Blessed 2b Yerushalmi,

I found you today, Baruch Hashem. I have read everything you wrote along with comments. I know know absolutely that coincidence is not real- Hashem is real.

1. My family made Aliyah last summer like we were running home. Like Avraham Avinu, lech lecha- we left our homes, the place of our parents, our past. My DH and I knew on 9/11 that it was time to go home. We had seen many signs, but did nothing until after then. It is possible, not so hard (but not so easy either!) and we feel like we won a big battle.

2. I have had dreams of the redemption that have now stopped because I told people of them. Nava has experienced the same. Please be careful!

I am worried our fellow Jews in the USA, and chutz l'aretz, who have absolutely no intent to move here. We are "radical" to them. People consider us nuts.

There are so many signs... so many. why is this sign going to be the clincher- if the others are overlooked? Stocks are going nuts, due to the decline in the US economy, the UN is already in Israel, the leadership are all upside down and make no sense. Chutzpah is overwhelming. Torah and it's scholars are degraded. There is plenty but the prices are inflated. We could go on... but is this sign going to be so undeniable that all these things will be small in comparison? Will this finally wake people out of their deep slumber?

Your words are powerful. None of us have nevuah. But that small voice inside us says that emet is emet.

Chazak u'Baruch, B2bY.

Blessed to be Yerushalmi said...

Anonymous convert, please email me at the address given in the first post. I know someone who can help you.

Hershel said...

I cannot adequetely begin to convey my yearning to be in Eretz Yisroel. I have the zechus of having one of my children in Yeshivah there and I just visited him 2 months ago. But I have B"H aging parents, ad be'as goel tzedek. They are survivors of Auschwitz, in their 80's(until 120). They are incapable of making such a journey. How can I leave them???? I'm certain that my wife, children and grandchildren would come. But, again, HOW can I leave my parents to certain doom? Avrohom Ovinu z"l was given a direct command by HKB"H, no hints, no ifs ands or buts. "Lech L"cho". Even if I want to rely on a hint, that STILL doesn't solve the problem of my dear parents. I'm certain that I'm not the only one in this "sandwich" generation with aging parents who survived the Nazis y"shm. How do we deal with this???

Blessed to be Yerushalmi said...

Dear Hershel, Please see my reply via the 'Announcement' post.

Shabbat shalom!