18 March 2007

The "Sign" Revealed

B"H 29 Adar 5767


Here it is---Erev Rosh Chodesh Nissan.

I remember when we arrived at Erev Rosh Hashanah 5761 and I was wondering if anything dramatic would occur in the very last hours to fulfill the words of the rabbis about the year 5760. We were making all our last minute holiday preparations and reports began to come in of disturbances in the Old City and on the Temple Mount. We had to close the computer and radio for the chag, so we did not know what happened after that.

Then, the next day, in shul, we heard rumors about trouble from the security people. We had barely sat down to dinner at a friend's home when their phone began to ring. Everybody froze. Who would call on Rosh Hashanah? In Israel, even wrong numbers are Jewish and no one would be calling on the phone. It stopped and everyone breathed again and then it began immediately to ring again. This happened a total of seven times. The ba'al habayit did not answer. He said it must be the army calling for his son and since his son was not at home, he saw no reason to pick it up. But if the army was calling people up, then....

And now, we can look back six and a half years and see where it all went. I will never come to Pesach and not remember the Pesach of 2002. I was doing last minute shopping at the shuk and suddenly it began to hail like mad. Everyone was marveling at the hail and then in a few minutes news began to spread that there had been an attack in a supermarket. A security guard was killed preventing a woman bomber from entering in to kill many others. The details are too sad to recount. A few days later, we sat down to begin our seder and suddenly we heard a deafening sound of heavy hail falling on the roof. Only after Pesach was finished did we hear about the Pesach massacre at the Park Hotel in Netanya. Again, too sad to talk about. So many sad, tragic stories and we in Israel know every one and can tell the stories of every one, so many...too many.

As I understand the Ramchal, the purpose of the Pekidah stage of redemption is to cause us to cry out to Hashem to deliver us. When Zechirah begins, Hashem responds to that call by sending us the Redeemer prepared since the foundation of the world. Ramchal says that just prior to the transition from Pekidah to Zechirah, "there is a spiritual awakening in the world." I and others of my aquaintance and still others that I have only heard of have been experiencing what could be termed a spiritual awakening, things similar in character to what Nava describes in her blog.

Now, to return to our focus here. If Hashem is going to get about completing our redemption this Nissan, he is also going to close down the exile for good. That means the Jews MUST return home or risk sharing the fate of the goyim. The prophets are clear that the nations will be punished. It stands to reason that America will go down first, because she has presumed to be Israel's patron and treated the renewed nation of G-d like a vassal. Many, many Jews and non-Jews alike truly believe that were it not for America, Israel would cease to exist. This kind of thinking must be corrected and it will be! We are forbidden to rely upon anyone other than Hashem alone.

Hashem is just. Whether one is willing to admit it or not, everyone who saw the first sign---the collapse of the twin towers---has had seven years to get himself and his family, parents, children, etc out of America and over to Israel. Every Jew has had that chance...save ONE.

Yes, I am talking about Jonathan Pollard.

One of our commenters suggested that it wasn't really fair to American Jews that they had not suffered as other Jewish communities in the world and throughout history. As a result, they were very much unaware of the need to make aliya. I suggest to you that Jonathan Pollard did the suffering on behalf of his community and they should have taken the lesson from what happened to him. And if not him, then what happened to Rabbi Kahane in 1990 or to the WTC in 1993 or the Murrah Federal Building in 1995, right up to the events of 9/11/2001.

The travesty of justice that was allowed to stand in the Pollard case was a flashing neon sign telling the Jews that USA 1986 really wasn't so far removed from 1890s France. Jews may think of themselves as Americans first and Jews second, but to the goyim, they will ALWAYS be a Jew FIRST.

I know it is politically correct to pay lip service to the goyim and say, oh yes, he broke the law and deserved to be punished, but then base a legal appeal on the basis that he has already paid the price for his "crime." However, I believe that when it comes to saving Jewish lives, it would have been a crime against Heaven not to have acted as he did. But, this is all irrelevant to the point at hand. If you are familiar with the case, you must concede that there are too many oddities for Heaven not to have its own hand in it.

I have believed for many years that Pollard stood as a warning to the Jews of America and the day that warning was no longer going to be of any further use, i.e. "time's up" then he would go free. I've watched years come and go and now THIS year, I've felt the best possibility for this to happen and that was before I knew about the end of 6 1/2 years of Pekidah or thought about the end of forty years since the Temple Mount was returned to our hands.

In any case, in Shevat there came a burst of activity on Pollard's behalf, unlike anything I have seen at any previous time and I sensed that a lot of spiritual energy was being invested in this and that it held great promise of success. On Ta'anit Esther, I personally experienced something which further supported that assumption, enough so to go public with an urgent warning to watch for it. I am convinced that he will go free at a predestined time in order to be a banner to the Jews of chu"l that the last moment to leave has arrived.

How would knowing this change anything for anyone there, especially if it is already too late to make arrangements for passports and the like?

This is what I think. I think that a situation may develop in the wake of this event that might put Jews in danger and at some very near point, an emergency evacuation might be offered, either by the US government or the Israeli government or through private means in cooperation with the government or who knows? There is danger inherent in this scenario, too. It is definitely worthwhile to get out on your own beforehand if at all possible. But I do believe that there will be a last opportunity in the wake of Pollard's leaving. It will not be pretty. It will not be fun.

The most important point to be made here, I feel, is summed up in an old adage: "Forewarned is forearmed." Those who know that something is coming are better prepared to face it than those who do not know. My sense is that once that threshold is crossed, events will escalate rapidly. "In it's time, I will hasten it." Even for redemption "in its time," I will hasten it.

I hope that I have adequately summarized the key points here. I will not be at my computer for the next two days, but your comments and questions are always welcome. I do not currently see any reason to continue posting here. I've said all I can think of on the subject. Now we wait and see and continue to prepare.

Do teshuva every minute!

And like the Rambam: "I believe with perfect faith in the coming of Mashiach. However long it takes, I will await His coming every day."


I thought this post was finished, but just when I completed it and went to see the news which I had not read since early this morning, look what I found:


Nationwide Activities for Pollard Continue

"... a yeshiva high school class is setting off on a three-day march to Jerusalem this week, calling for [Pollard's] release.

...We'll be starting out on the first day of the month of redemption - Nissan; there is no reason that Pollard should not be home in time for the holiday of redemption, Passover, which falls in the middle of Nissan." "The students feel that it seems now to be an et ratzon - a time of good will - given the several projects that are underway on Pollard's behalf," Rabbi Golan said. "Now is the time to wake up the country to demand that our government submit an official request to the US for his release."

...The high school march, entitled "
From Bondage to Freedom," is scheduled to begin near Petach Tikvah, and will end 85 kilometers (52 miles) later, at the Western Wall in Jerusalem.

Ken, yehi ratzon!!!!!


[Note: I will be away the next two days serving Hashem and my People. Please be patient and I will try to answer everyone's letters and comments after that time. Also, if I have offended anyone, I assure you it was purely unintentional. I beg your forgiveness.]




16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, everyone, what are you going to do now? The author has given us his all. No more hints, no more pushing. What now?

What are you going to do?
Discuss it with your spouse?
Come to a decision?
Make a move?
Wait a little longer until it get's hotter?
Please let's hear from you!

Please let's let him know what we are going to do.

Anonymous said...

As I said before, I am going home.
Many are leaving now and that is very good, but I feel we should get the message out there as much as possible. There are many other blogs that should carry this message. I have known for sometime this was coming, (not the "sign") but an Exodus. There are many that won't take heed though, and that is very, very, sad.
I can smell the brimestone in the air, and see the shadow of the Mashiach's feet beneath the door. And I refuse to be talked out of it. I have dreamed of this day all my life, and now it is here, staring us in the face. Walk away from this?.............Not me.

Anonymous said...

You are talking about AmericanJews... but what about Europe, Australia....
Any comments?

Anonymous said...

Question to all: What are you feeling? What are you experiencing? I ask because am struck by an early comment to the effect that many Jews are leaving due to changes in their circumstances.
For several weeks I have had an unusual feeling. A sudden sense that much of the activity around me is trivial. That so many human actions are a waste of time. I cannot identify the origin of this feeling. I also began to spend more and more free time studying Torah. I wanted to learn.

Then my wife and I had abrupt changes in "our circumstances." My career and her business contemporaneously ran into brick walls. It was the type of situation where Torah Jews ask "Master of the Universe, what have I done wrong?" I had been pondering quitting law and going to medical school so I can be of use in EY. But it seems that there may not be time for that. I am wondering if other Jews have experienced these kinds of events recently.

Shoshana said...

Even those of us who are already in EY-B"H!- feel things are starting (or ending?). If Hashem sends the signals and they are ignored, then many of us here will be crying out with all our hearts to Hakadosh Baruch Hu. There will come out of Yisrael a great cry!

If we see Pollard released, that would be excellent. But, if we don't- why should all the other events be ignored? It is enough that we see the US economy heading into a downward cycle. It is enough that the UN is expecting Ahmedenijad to speak in NY, and the US has granted the visa! It is enough that peoples circumstances are changing. It is enough.

Our dear and cherished brothers and sisters, our Jewish nation, living in the US, Europe and elsewhere really need to come home. Whether or not our cherished brother, JPollard is released from captivity (but I pray he will be!).

That little voice in the back of your mind is getting louder, but are you listening? Israel needs Jews, and Jews need Israel. It's a fact. Eisav hates Yaakov, that's halacha. Dear Jews,please come home.

We earn to be all together. We need tolove eachother, no matter whether we wear kippa seruga or black velvet or streimels we keep one in the glove compartment for before and after work. whether we cover our hair with scarves, wigs, hats or not. The Jews have to become one- so our love for each other can spread to the world. Fanciful and wishful thinking? I am just emulating our Creator.

Dear, B2bY, thank you for another forum for truth. Thank you.

Neshama said...

In order to continue the inspiration we have gained from BTBY's efforts to untie us and motivate us to come to Israel, I invite everyone to visit:

habayitah.blogspot.com

Come and share with everyone else what you are doing to bring yourself (and family members if this applies) back home to our Eretz HaKodesh.

Share your efforts and accomplishments. Let others gain chizuk, encouragement to begin, or accelerate their own plans to go home to Israel.

Anonymous said...

Come back soon. You are a major pipeline of inspiration.

Anonymous said...

What do you make of Rav Eliahu Leon Levi's R"H Nissan call to Israelis to prepare for an immanent war (published by Tzvi Fishman on Arutz 7)?

Anonymous said...

Even in Tzfas they are preparing for war. Pages and Pages of "Preparedness" and "Emergency Preparations" have been disseminated by the Tzfat-Line to their group members (to join, send email to: tzfatline@aol.com).

And yesterday, there were "neighborhood rocket-attack drills" all of the country.

So, yes, Israel is preparing for another war. But remember what the Lubavitcher Rebbe said, "there is no safer place in the world."

So, that means I would still go to Eretz HaKodesh because Hashem watches over her from the beginning of the year to the end of the year.

If you are going, tell your story. Send it to habayitah@gmail.com and I will publish it online.
We need more of the brave and daring to inspire and encourage others.

Anonymous said...

Yerushalmi:

Here we are in 4 Nissan, Jonathan Pollard is still in jail and the Yellowstone volcano did not erupt. Care to comment on this?

Anonymous said...

To Moshe Meir

I do not know if he will comment or not, but I will. Will Pollard be released? I don't know, and it really it does not matter to me other than it would be nice for his sake. Will the volcano blow in the Yellowstone? I don't know that either, no more than anyone else. Listen please, I don't think you could find very many scientists in planetary fields that would disagree that everything seems to be unraveling. Is it global warming? Did we cause it? So many questions and many people becoming alarmed and somewhat touchy when asked for advice. Well, who has the answers? G-d and He made it very clear what would be happening at the time of the end, and through His Holy prophets penned them in the Scriptures for us to read and understand. Oh, but we are not qualified to speak on such matters, spoke one person. Hogwash! If we don't who will, the average teacher out here when asked what is going on, will come back with some baloney that sounds more like some new age hippie who is twilightzoned into some cosmic force that gave him divine revelation and therefore we cannot dare dispute his word. If they are really on top of the game they may give you ONE verse as to what or why. We are surrounded by Scriturally illiterate gurus who have more knowledge of what some master "Rabbi" said rather than what G-d said........PERIOD! I am not talking of the gentleman that opened this blog, He knows something is up, something is going to happen, and happen BIG! I thank him for having the guts to speak up and plead for the Jewish people to go home! I sense he has a beautiful heart. In saying that, I will say STUDY the Scriptures, pour over them, seek G-d with every fiber in your being. And if you are in the U.S. get out! Get out before it is too late! I gave the Scriptures as to why you should flee the U.S. in the "putting the clues together" post. The U.S. is Babylon and everything that is happening right now was foretold, everything. Everyone is looking for a sign, when we have volumes of Scriptures written on these happenings! Go home! or Burn when G-d does a Sodom and Gommorah on the U.S. Am I mean? No I am deperate, just like the gentleman on this blog, I too am sounding the shofar and have for sometime, I fear few are listening. Too many nice things to play with and keep their mind off Hashem. Mock on.

Anonymous said...

Leave America! Leave America! that's all anyone says. It contradicts other advice recieved from great Rebbes. Believe me, if Lubavitchers (for example) were meant to leave America, they would be reading about it in their Igros Kodesh. And they would be leaving. But so far.... only bloggers are telling us to leave.

Dov Bar-Leib said...

It is the time of the full remembrance of the daughter of Ya'akov. It took Ya'akov Avinu one and a half years to get to Eretz Yisrael from Lavan's House (the White House). Jews in America will have about as long to leave and arrive here. After Sukkot 5769 it is possible that stragglers will have missed the boat. Just to be safe though, I would not wait so long. It could become more difficult to get here by as early as Sukkot 5768.

WW3 is on the verge of starting. 15 British soldiers are now in Persian detention. Get here while the going is easier.

Anonymous said...

Well I have read this blog since I first heard of it and think it serves as a wake up call for all us US Jews.
I would like to respond to a previous post. As a Lubavitch affliated person allow me to say MOST Lubavitchers do NOT use Igrot Kodesh for guidance. Many people came to the Rebbe and he gave his Bracha for them to travel to or move to Eretz Yisrael. I am not speaking for the Rebbe just from my knowledge..but let me say that His main concern has been for the isolated Jews of the world.
His Shluchim will remain where they are wherever they are..just like in the Soviet Union. They will stay until the last Jew is reached and if they feel so lead to move to Eretz Yisrael.
The Rebbe himself fled from Nazi Germany and the Previous Rebbe escaped for the Warsaw Ghetto they themselves knew when to leave. And unless some one points an accusing finger..many Lubavitch Hasidim left Nazi Germany as well. Some stayed and perished in the camps..May HaShem Avenge their blood..others survived the camps and went on to continue their work as Shluchim. Very few stayed in Germany after the war..the largest group were in Russia.
My point in all of this is not to use Lubavitch as the "Canary in the Mine". Some will leave others will stay espeically if they feel a driving need in the community..they are a Shocket or Mohel or teacher etc. The will serve as Shluchim with Self Sacrafice to death if need be.
The preivious Rebbe said when he came here from Europe.."America is no different" What did that mean?
There are different views..mine is the Rebbe was saying America will fall to antisemtisim just like Europe and the persecution of Jews will come here too..and we must be busy preparing the Jewish people reaching every Yid. With the hope that we could complete the work and usher in Moshiach to avoid the trials that await. I like many have been influenced by Lubavitch and we are following the signs to Eretz Yisrael.**Back2TheLand**

Anonymous said...

TO FRUSTRATED READERS OF HIS BLOG:
I would suggest that if you want to follow the line of reasoning initiated by BTBY then visit
http://yeranenyaakov.blogspot.com/
for a wonderful compilation of insights and comments under the title "Where are we Going?" from Sunday, March 18. Yaak gives you plenty to read and your can continue your commenting there.

But, if you surely decide to start GOING HOME, come visit habayitah.blogspot.com and tell us all about it by sending your tale to habayitah@gmail.com.

Anonymous said...

VERY IMPORTANT!!!!! BREAKING NEWS!!!!!! Olmert just agreed today monday the 26th that they are going to halt all jewish immigration. It is a precondition of the Arabs peace plan. You said there would be a sign, maybe you were just mixed up on what it would be. You said when you see it you must leave now! This is coming very soon and the door will go shut!!!!!!
Check it out at www.debka.com